Who We Are Looking For
Functionally reporting to the Head of Commercial and line reporting to the Regional Manager, the Commercial Manager is responsible for contract related activities as detailed under, including serving the requirements of new and existing contracts, monitoring the financial performance of all current contracts, assisting in the tendering and negotiating terms and conditions for new contracts and amendments to existing agreements. Participate in the formation of the Group business development plan and monitor its implementation, and to review Group commercial policies and strategies in the light of varying market circumstances and recommend suitable changes to the Head of Commercial.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the Group Management System Procedures, Standard Contracting Principals and World Wide Standards.
- Periodically review Group commercial policies and strategies and recommend to the Head of Commercial any changes considered necessary.
- Liaise with other members of the Commercial Department and other department managers as appropriate in the formation of Annual Plans, Strategies and business development plans and participate in their implementation, as required.
- Identify commercial opportunities for the group both within and outside existing areas of operation. Prepare Business Case reports for all opportunities.
- Follow up established contracts for Operator’s forthcoming drilling programmes.
- In line with the Standard Contracting Principals, negotiate terms and conditions with clients for new contracts, receive and check final contract document from clients, arrange execution by Director and distribute fully executed contracts to relevant departments.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining cohesive invoice submission and payment process both with the KCA DEUTAG operating and financing departments and the client’s appropriate department.
- Ongoing activity is to identify potential commercial risks and to propose means of company mitigating them.
- Apply for contract amendments when due, i.e. rate revisions and term extensions. Check contracts variation documentation raised by clients, arrange review and execution as per the Group Authorisation Matrix.
- Maintain regular contact with Clients regarding operational, invoicing or contract administration problems.
- Liaise with the operating departments regarding day-to-day contract administration.
- Ensure all post tender queries/clarifications are dealt with promptly.
- Provide Finance with appropriate details for existing contracts for preparation of annual budgets. Review budget assumptions and detailed calculations, compose budgeted profitability against Contract Department costing, at quarterly intervals. Review financial performance of each contract against budget and obtain explanations for significant variance and recommend possible remedial action.
- Responsible for the competence assessment, development and annual appraisal of the commercial analysts.
- Some international travel will be required to fulfil the role.
Key Skills & Experience
Our ideal candidate will have experience of global operator / supplier contracts within Oil and Gas sector, including commercial negotiations. Candidates should possess a methodical approach to their work and are able to effectively plan and prioritise workload, with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Proven track record of negotiating contract terms and conditions, within Oil and Gas sector, which protect the business, mitigating financial and non-financial risks. Experience in industry standard contracts (i.e. LOGIC, Client Contracts, etc.) is essential.
- Experience with the review, preparation and submission of tenders and commercial proposals, including liaising with the assigned personnel for the various disciplines in accordance with defined schedules and deadlines.
- Experience with the preparation of business cases and recommendations based on the market and competition analysis and present to the Management.
- Managing the contract approval process to ensure contracts are approved in accordance with corporate policy
- An understating of financial budgeting and accounting practices. Experience of commercial models and the use of financial spreadsheets.
- Self-motivated individual with drive, energy and long term perspective
- Strong communicator, team player that delivers on commitments
- Strong Microsoft Office skills. The candidate must be numerate and have good spreadsheet skills
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay & Benefits package
- Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
- Global Opportunities
Please note that if your legal right to work in the UK is subject to special conditions or if you're not currently entitled to work in the UK then you will need to specify these in your application cover letter or CV.
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define ‘the KCA Deutag way’ and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.